I've got a story that's strange but true, so come fly with me for a bird's eye view!
NOLA Resident. Broadway Junkie. I Love NYC. Bisexual. Theatre Kid. Film Guy.
Let's hang out?
Does anyone have a video of Hedwig with Anthony Rapp? My trading list is on my tumblr page!
People criticizing TFIOS because Gus sounds pretentious???
that was the point???
like literally at his fake funeral his best friend talks about how fucking pretentious he is and how annoying it was???
It was one of his character flaws? He was deliberately written that way?
You’re not being clever or critical by pointing it out, you are literally stating a fact about the novel that the author deliberately wrote
1. Do you have a favourite theatre? Which one, and why?
- The St. James on Broadway. I saw “American Idiot”, “Bring It On” and “Hair” there and it is also the first Broadway stage I stood on (During the “Hair” finale)
2. At the moment, would you rather watch a comedy or a tragedy?
- It’s hard because I respect both so much but probably a comedy
3. The funniest show or performance you’ve ever seen?
- Probably when I saw “Avenue Q” or “The Great American Trailer Park Musical”
4. The saddest show or performance you’ve ever seen?
- “Next To Normal” - Period
5. The most memorable performance you’ve ever been to?
- Seeing the OBC of “The Book of Mormon”
6. Your favourite stage door photo or memory?
- Meeting Rebecca Naomi Jones after “American Idiot” or Nikki M. James after “The Book of Mormon” - Both were just so sweet and humble and honest about meeting fans and just enjoying what they do.
7. Do you prefer classics or modern shows? Why?
- Modern, but I have a major respect for the classics because without them musical theatre wouldn’t be where we are today.
8. Is there a movie you’d like to see adapted onstage?
-Robin Hood: Men in Tights
9. How about a stage show you’d like to see onscreen?
- I’d like to see ‘Rock of Ages” redone without butchering the script and deleting characters and songs. But, I’d like to see a version of “Elf” done or “Bare”
10. What is the last stage show you saw? Review it in three sentences.
- “Clybourne Park” - This show will knock you on your ass before you realize what it’s done. It’s a poignant piece of theatre that every human being needs to see, hear and understand. It pulls at your heartstrings and makes you laugh all in the same breath.
11. A show you’d recommend to everybody?
- “Legally Blonde”
12. A show you wouldn’t recommend to your worst enemy?
13. A show you’re ashamed to admit you like?
- I’m not ashamed to admit I like any show honestly. I have a specific reason for liking every show I like and am proud of my knowledge of that show and any other one I come across.
14. How important are visuals for you? Can you enjoy a show with good acting but ugly visuals? Or can good visuals save an otherwise bad show in your eyes?
- Visuals are not that important to me but they definitely don’t hurt in building a world. Take “Spring Awakening” for example, when you see the set for this show it literally looks like a jumbled mess of artifacts on a wall. But, throughout the show the lighting and actors use these artifacts to boost meanings and show that in thais crazy world everything is connected and has a purpose.
15. What is the prettiest show you’ve ever seen?
"The School for Scandal" put on by The University of Southern Mississippi
16. A costume or a prop that you love?
- My “Grapes of Wrath” costume. It holds so many memeories.
17. You can only watch productions of one show for the rest of your life. Which show you choose and why?
- “The Book of Mormon” - this show is never not funny
18. Do you research the shows you consider seeing, or do you just pick a show to see and hope it’s good?
- A bit of both. I research the synopsis of the shows and avoid spoilers. But, usually by the time I see a show I have heard at least the cast album. There are only two shows I have ever seen with zero prior knowledge of what they were and those were “The Great American Trailer Park Musical” and “13”
19. Your favourite act 1 ending?
- “The Book of Mormon” - “Man Up” - Best Act 1 closer in years upon years.
20. The most times you’ve ever seen the same show or production?
- “The Book of Mormon” - 3. “Spring Awakening” - 3, “Rent” - 3
21. A performance by an actor or an actress that has impressed you the most?
- Joe Mantello as Ned Weeks in “The Normal Heart”
22. Have you ever walked out of a performance? If not, could you consider doing so?
- No. I would never walk out. These artist have worked so hard and fully believe (as far as i know) in what they are doing that I would never deny them an audience. even if it is just me there.
23. Do you collect theatre memorabilia? If so, feel free to show off your collection!
- I do. I have a playbill from every show i have seen i.e. Broadway, Tours, Community Theatre, College, etc. I also have posters from a few shows and t shirts from almost every show I have seen.
24. You have to swap lives for a week with a character from one of your favourite shows. Who do you choose and why?
- Emmett from “Legally Blonde”, he’s smart, funny, and charming and I feel like I would love to know what it’s like to be dating Elle Woods and go to Harvard for a week.
25. A headcanon about your favourite show?
This is actually a recent one I came upon and that is that Mark in “Rent” is actually dead and just hangs around his old friends and can’t let go
the cigarette thing in the fault in our stars is so dumb you are wasting your money on an industry that is one of the largest causes of cancer just so you can make some lame ass far fetched metaphor
NO YOU ARE INCORRECT AND CLOSE MINDED ON SO MANY LEVELS
are you suggesting that it is close minded to say that cigarettes are a leading cause of cancer
Did everyone forget he only bought that ONE pack of cigarettes like FOREVER ago?
okay but can we talk about how i’m convinced that Willemijn Verkaik isn’t an actress and she literally is Elphaba
have i told you guys about that one time i had to do a presentation on class but i was being a lazy fuck so i just copied one i found on the internet and presented it but the whole time my teacher was giving me weird glares ok so after i was done i realized the work i copied had my university watermark on it but like from years ago long story short i had copied my teacher’s work when he was a student and presented it to him years later